Sunday, December 2, 2018

Blog Post 4

Intro: In the past posts, I have been talking about one of my big decisions I made, which was when I decided to buy my first car. When making a decision, there are many things you take into consideration before making a move. In this passage, I will be talking about what type of market the company I bought my car is using and who is their current competition at the moment.

Paragraph 1: One of the biggest decisions I made was a few years ago when I decided to buy my first car. I was looking at several cars but there were two which caught my attention. I decided to buy a sporty type of car. I have been really happy with it and it hasn't caused me any problems to this day. I feel like the decision I made was well taken, even though I didn't really know much about cars or the companies that made them a few years ago. Now though, I am analyzing the benefits my decision brought to me, and I am also studying the type of market my car is using.

Paragraph 2: The car I own at the moment is a Dodge Charger, which belongs to the "Dodge" company. In my opinion, I think the type of market Dodge is using would be the Monopolistic Competition. The reason I believe this is because there are a numerous amount of companies out there producing cars, but each company is very different and some are known to be better than others, and can sell their products at a higher price than other companies. Dodge is currently one of the highest ranked companies at the moment, and has been making models of cars that are greatly demanded by their customers throughout these years.

Paragraph 3: Another thing that is important as a company is knowing your competition. Like I mentioned before, a few years ago, I didn't really know much about cars and the companies that produced them. The competition for the type of car I have at the moment is "Ford". Dodge has been producing sports cars in the recent years that were demanded by their customers such as new "Challenger" models, as well as "Charger" models, which are the sports cars this company has to offer. Very few companies design vehicles that are similar to these models but ford is probably their strongest competition at the moment making "Camaro" models and "Lightning" models, which would also be sports vehicles.

Conclusion: When I bought my car, I didn't think about all these aspects I have been talking about in these passages, but it has been interesting to view and look at them because they have helped me in recent purchases I have made. As a customer, you always want to get the best out of your product, and the more you know about it, the easier it is to make a decision. I however didn't know a lot about these things when I bought my car, but either way, I feel like a good decision was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment